Adam Massaro's relentless drive to positively impact his community is one of the first things that you will notice about him. His extensive work to assist underprivileged children, expand their opportunities, and help them recognize new and greater objectives began on the east coast where he grew up and continues to this day here in Denver, where he has established his legal career. As a litigator, he utilizes this same relentless effort to identify strategies to help clients refine and achieve their objectives in all phases of civil litigation, both at the trial and appellate level.
Adam practices in the areas of intellectual property and corporate litigation. He protects his clients’ rights and handles complex, multi-million dollar matters.
Adam works with clients on intellectual property matters in a broad range of areas, including software, internet-based technologies, industrial equipment, and sporting goods. Adam is currently litigating patent cases in Colorado, Nevada, and Arizona Federal District Court.
He is an avid fly fisherman, cyclist, and skier. He has also participated in the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain.
- Representation of patent owner in Smart Card credit card litigation (case pending in Colorado Federal District Court)
- Representation of company in patent litigation regarding the extraction of copper during the mining process (case pending in Arizona Federal District Court)
- Representation of firearm accessory company in a patent infringement lawsuit involving charging handles for assault rifles (case pending in Nevada Federal District Court)
- Represented multiple defendants in patent infringement lawsuit concerning secondary lithium ion batteries for portable computers and other electronic devices (Colorado Federal District Court). Defendants’ motion to dismiss granted resulting in complete dismissal with prejudice. Case resolved successfully
- Represented Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce in a trademark infringement action (Colorado Federal District Court). Case resolved successfully
- Represented a business method patent holder in a major infringement suit involving a healthcare industry website where consumers locate and compare physicians (Colorado Federal District Court). Case resolved successfully
Complex Business Litigation
- Represented international law firm where plaintiff alleged the firm committed malpractice, breached fiduciary duties, and committed other business torts. The plaintiff sought in excess of $20 million in damages. Days before trial in Colorado state court, the plaintiff settled for a fraction of the alleged damages
- Represented an individual in a dispute over the ownership of a series of roofing companies; second-chaired four-day jury trial in Colorado state court. Jury determined that Adam’s client was a 50% owner of the roofing companies and awarded him $578,085.00 in damages
- Defended a national lumber supplier in a dispute over sold lumber; first-chaired one-day bench trial in Colorado state court. Complete defense judgment for Adam’s client on all counts
- Defended a large western trucking company in a dispute over the purchase of a trailer; first-chaired one-day bench trial in Colorado state court. Trial court found that Adam’s client established its affirmative defense of mutual mistake and rescinded the contract between the parties
- Represented a company in a contractual dispute involving a medical office facility; second-chaired one-day bench trial in this matter in Colorado state court
- Represented a major wire house in an injunctive proceeding against a former financial advisor who was improperly soliciting clients of the wire house after moving to a competitor. After obtaining injunctive relief against the financial advisor and the competitor, the matter was settled on favorable terms for the client
- Represented several individuals and an entity in a dispute arising out of a former business partner seeking to unwind the sale of a business. After successfully defending against opposing side’s motion to dismiss the clients’ counterclaims, the matter was settled on favorable terms for the clients
- Gary McPherson Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year Award - Selected as a finalist , 2015
- The Denver Business Journal - featured Adam in its Making Their Mark Section in April 2015: “Adam Massaro racks up big case experience in just three years.”, 2015
- Colorado Super Lawyers - "Rising Star", 2014, 2015, 2016
- Downtown Denver Leadership Program, 2015
- Law Week Colorado - Up-and-Coming Lawyer, 2012
- ABA Probate Property Best Technology Article - "Solar Power for Commercial Buildings", 2011