Ms. Altshuler is the Practice Group Leader for the Business Transactions Practice Group, and a partner in the firm's real estate team. She practices in the areas of real estate leasing (retail, commercial and industrial), land acquisition, and land development. She also advises on related corporate and entity issues including formation of joint ventures, partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies. Her clients include restaurants, retailers, investors, developers, homebuilders, insurance companies and similar businesses with sophisticated real estate needs.
Relevant Real Estate Leasing Experience
- Represent Roaring Fork, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, Salty Sow, and other developing concepts for the Guy and Larry Restaurants LLC Group in connection with restaurant leasing and corporate transactions in the southwest and west coast.
- Represent PetSmart in connection with retail leasing nationwide.
- Represent Atlas Copco, world-leading provider of industrial productivity products, in leasing transactions nationwide.
- Represent MJKL (Carl's Jr.) in connection with restaurant leasing and sale/leaseback transactions.
- Represent Paul Martin’s American Grill in connection with restaurant leasing.
- Represented Eddie V’s and Wildfish in connection with restaurant leasing in the southwest and west coast.
- Represented P.F. Chang’s in connection with nationwide restaurant leasing and corporate transactions.
- Represent Jacquee’s Café in connection with restaurant leasing.
- Represented large and small companies with regard to all aspects of commercial and office leasing.
- Represented a large national company in the development and leasing of industrial and business parks.
- Represented Native American Tribe in connection with Ground Lease and Mixed Use Development transaction.
- Represented one of the nation’s largest retail REITs in connection with retail leasing nationwide.
Relevant Real Estate Acquisition, Development and Financing Experience
- Represented national insurance company in equity joint venture transactions in connection with the acquisition, development, operation and financing of multi-family residential complexes, mixed use centers, office buildings and industrial facilities.
- Represented institutional national client in acquiring and disposing of developed and undeveloped multifamily residential, commercial, retail and industrial real estate.
- Represented large single family homebuilder in connection with acquisition and real estate issues.
- Represented joint venture between REIT and national company to acquire portfolio of 15 retail centers.
- Represented borrowers and lenders in a variety of real estate finance transactions.
- Represented a large waste disposal company in acquisitions of stock and assets of other waste disposal/recycling companies.
- Author, “Menu Labeling Requirements Create a National Standard,” Lewis and Roca Client Alert, April 2010
- Author, “New ADA Rules Effective March 15, 2011--All Places of Public Accommodation Are Affected,” Lewis and Roca Client Alert, March 2011
- The Best Lawyers in America - Woodward/White, Aiken, S.C. - Real Estate Law, 2013-2016
- National Association of Professional Women - Professional Woman of the Year, 2011
- Daniel Ginsberg Leadership Award, 2010
- AZ Business Magazine - Top Lawyers - Construction and Real Estate Law , 2010
- Arizona Commercial Real Estate Magazine - "People to Know in Commercial Real Estate" - One of 30 recognized attorneys, 2011, 2013
- Anti-Defamation League National Leadership Class - Selected to participate, 2020