"Expertise in commercial litigation, particularly as it arises from corporate and real estate transactions. He is often sought after to represent fiduciaries, trustees and government entities." - Chambers USA
Dan Waite, who prides himself in promptly returning client phone calls and emails, is a partner in the firm’s Litigation and Real Estate Practice Groups. His practice focuses primarily on business litigation, with an emphasis on real estate, mechanic’s lien and fiduciary litigation. His practice also encompasses transactional work including contract drafting and review, advising corporate clients regarding alter ego analysis and general corporate matters.
Dan grew up in Las Vegas and has practiced law in Nevada since 1990 and has considerable experience working with and representing owners, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, trustees and other fiduciaries and governmental entities. He has represented business clients both domestic and international, including from France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and Canada. Dan was previously with Beckley Singleton, which partnered with Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie in 2007. Additionally, Dan lectures to lawyers, lenders and construction professionals on mechanic’s lien and related real estate matters.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Finance, Mr. Waite was the Executive Vice President and General Manager of Ponderosa Management Corporation, a property management company with holdings in Nevada, California, Arizona, Utah and Idaho. Dan serves as the Chair of the firm's Pro Bono Committee.
- The Best Lawyers in America - Woodward/White, Aiken, S.C. - Banking & Finance Litigation, 2013-2017
- Order of the Coif
- Nevada Business Magazine - "Top 100" - Legal Elite, 2009-2011
- Mountain States Super Lawyer - 2012-2015 "Top 100", 2010-2011 "Top 75" - Business Litigation, 2007, 2009-2015
- Martindale-Hubbell - "AV/Preeminent Attorney" Rating
- Law Review - Member
- John P. Frank Pro Bono Awards Luncheon - Recognized for commitment - Pro bono service
- In Business Las Vegas - "Who’s Who 2006", 2006
- Benchmark Litigation - "Local Litigation Star" in Nevada, 2016
- Pro Bono Law Firm of the Year - Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada (LACSN) - Lied Award for Most Hours Donated by a Law Firm, 2015
- Pro Bono Attorney of the Year - LACSN, 2009
- Vince A. Consul Memorial Pro Bono Award - LACSN, 2013
- Chambers USA - Litigation: General Commercial, 2016