Dennis Jontz is a partner in the firm’s Litigation and Business Transactions Practice Groups.
From large corporations to enterprising individuals, Dennis represents clients in business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, capital acquisitions, real estate deals, real estate contracts and land development. He has been involved in some of the largest real estate transactions in New Mexico. In addition, he provides business formation planning for all types of businesses, including government contractors and new technology companies. He is experienced in name/trademark registration, business management agreements, and software licensing.
As a litigator, Dennis has broad-based experience in many different areas. He routinely serves as legal counsel for banks and credit unions, helping resolve issues involving foreclosures, breach of contract, bank sales disputes, negotiable instruments, and lender liability. His real estate litigation experience includes disputes over easements, construction defects, development loan defaults, and related issues. In addition, he has litigated patent infringement, trademark infringement, and director/officer liability cases.
In his government contract work, Dennis represents government contractors in disputes before the Board of Contract Appeals, the Federal Court of Claims, and the General Accountability Office. He is also experienced in Cost Accounting Standards compliance disputes and has worked on Qui Tam cases for relators, the U.S. Attorney and defendants.
From 1974 to 1998, Dennis was a Judge Advocate in the United States Air Force, both active and reserve. He was assigned to the Defense Logistics Agency from 1990 to 1998, performing duty on-site at various contractor locations including Boeing, Lockheed, General Dynamics and Hughes.
Mr. Jontz is listed in the 2005-2011 editions of Chambers USA America’s Leading Business Lawyers, by Chambers and Partners Publishers, in the category of Corporate/Commercial.
- Prosecuted and defended professional liability cases in the intellectual property and accounting fields
- Prepared planned unit development documentation for a large successful land development
- The Best Lawyers in America - "Lawyer of the Year", Woodward/White, Aiken, S.C. - Corporate Law, Real Estate Law, Real Estate Litigation, and Commercial Litigation, 2007-2017
- Southwest Super Lawyers - Real Estate, Business/Corporate, 2007-2011, 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell - "AV/Preeminent Attorney" Rating
- Corporate Counsel - Business/Corporate, 2009
- Chambers USA - Corporate/Commercial Law, 2012-2016
- Best of the Bar - New Mexico Business Weekly, 2010