Mr. LaPlante has extensive experience in commercial law with an emphasis in real estate transactions. He has represented both borrowers and lenders in real estate and other commercial loan transactions, and has considerable experience in mergers and acquisitions, conservation easements, and general corporate law. He also has experience in franchising matters.
Mr. LaPlante has significant experience in structuring, documenting, and financing complex real estate developments, including residential, resort, retail, and other commercial projects. He also represents landlords and tenants in commercial leasing transactions.
Real estate projects for which Mr. LaPlante has been responsible include:
- 2,000 acre fishing and hunting residential project in Rio Blanco County, Colorado
- 19,000 acre recreation project in Grand County, Colorado
- 1,200-unit resort project, including golf course and marina facilities
- 5,500 acre residential project in Summit County, Colorado
- 240,000-square-foot office lease for a national tenant
- Conservation easements on multiple ranch properties
- Water Storage and Infrastructure projects
- Colorado Super Lawyers - Real Estate, 2008, 2012-2016