"Is known for being someone who "clearly commands a lot of credibility” in gaming and lobbying matters, regularly acting for several of Nevada's gaming leaders" - Chambers USA
Michael Alonso is a partner in the Gaming Practice Group. His practice includes gaming and liquor licensing, land use, legislation and lobbying, and real estate transactions. He appears regularly before the Nevada Gaming Control Board, the Nevada Gaming Commission, and other regulatory bodies in the State of Nevada. As a lobbyist, Michael frequently represents his clients before the Nevada Legislature and local governing bodies and his work extends to resolution of land use, zoning and development issues.
Actively involved in the legal community, Michael has served on the Executive Committees of the Gaming Law and Business Law Sections of the Nevada State Bar and is a member of the International Association of Gaming Attorneys. He is a member of the Board of Directors of Renown Health Network, the parent company of Renown Medical Center, Renown Medical Center South Meadows and Hometown Health Providers. Michael has been Chairman of the Board of Directors of Renown Health Network and Renown Medical Center South Meadows.
- The Best Lawyers in America - Reno "Lawyer of the Year" - Gaming Law and Government Relations Practice, 2016-2017
- Super Lawyers Magazine, 2007-2010
- Nevada Business Magazine - Legal Elite 2013-2015 "Northern Nevada Best", 2012 "Top 75" - Gaming and Government Relations, 2012-2016
- Mountain States Super Lawyers - Gaming Law, 2013-2015
- Martindale-Hubbell - "AV/Preeminent Attorney" Rating
- Las Vegas Business Press - "Top 10 Lawyer in Gaming", 2012
- Chambers USA - Top Gaming Practitioners in Reno - Gaming & Licensing, 2015-2016