Mr. Goldsmith, a partner in the firm’s Business Section, practices primarily in the areas of lending, equipment leasing and sales, real estate, general contract drafting and alternative dispute resolution. He has extensive experience in Articles 2 and 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code, commercial and real estate lending and leasing, loan documentation and mediating commercial and other disputes. He has spoken on issues of lender liability, secured transactions, sales, and ethical issues in mediation.
While in law school, Mr. Goldsmith was editor-in-chief of the University of Arizona Law Review, and was elected to Order of the Coif.
- On behalf of a local sports entity, he negotiated and documented contracts including a concession agreement, performer agreements, bank loans, season ticket policies, and advertising and promotion agreements.
- On behalf of a large international bank he negotiated and documented loans secured by collateral ranging from art and collector automobiles to shopping centers.
- On behalf of an airline and also a large leasing company, he negotiated and documented aircraft lease and security agreements.
- For two international manufacturers, he has worked “onsite” negotiating and documenting licensing and construction agreements and contracts for the purchase and sale of goods and services.
- For large equipment leasing and sales companies, he has negotiated and documented equipment leases and purchase agreements.
- Mediated and arbitrated complex commercial, real estate, partnership, health care and intellectual property disputes.
- Speaker, "Significant Terms and Conditions," Triumph Group, Inc., March 2010
- Co-Author, “Arizona Secured Transactions Under Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code,” Data Trace Publishing Company, 2002 and annual updates
- The Best Lawyers in America - Woodward/White, Aiken, S.C. - Alternative Dispute Resolution, Arbitration and Mediation, 2011-2017
- John P. Frank Pro Bono Awards Luncheon - Recognized for commitment - Pro bono service
- Arizona Business Magazine - 2012 "Top Lawyers in Banking" - Mediation Guide, 2012-2013