Edward R. Schwartz is Of Counsel in Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie’s Intellectual Property practice group. Clients rely on Edward for patent and trademark litigation and prosecution. With more than 30 years of experience, Edward serves a wide range of clients.
Edward also created a successful design patent program in which more than 100 patents were obtained for the client and successfully litigated infringers in over 40 lawsuits.
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP (legacy firm Christie Parker & Hale LLP), Partner, 1995-2014, Of Counsel, 2014-present
- Sued for trademark infringement and unfair competition based on defendant's use of a client's trademarks on its website and as an Internet metatag; the case ended with a monetary recovery and entry of a permanent injunction
- Defended a copyright infringement action wherein a multi-million dollar statutory award was sought; although infringement was admitted, judgment was entered in favor of the clients with no monetary award
- Took action for infringement of a design patent and trade dress infringement under both federal and New York law; obtained a temporary restraining order and a preliminary injunction on behalf of the licensee of the patent
- Filed claims for copyright infringement under U.S. and Canadian law; violation of the Lanham Act and unfair competition under California statutory and common law; the District Court granted successive motions for dismissal of all claims
- Took action for infringement of a utility patent trademark infringement and unfair competition; the District Court granted the motion for summary judgment of non-infringement of the patent and dismissed the remaining claims