Fourteen lawyers from Rothgerber Johnson & Lyons LLP (effective September 1, 2013, Lewis Roca Rothgerber LLP) have been selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 list of leading lawyers. While four attorneys have been listed for more than 10 years, Thomas J. Dougherty II is a first-time recipient for Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law and Eric V. Hall is a first-time recipient for First Amendment Law. Additionally, the publication named two attorneys to the Lawyer of the Year 2014 list: Eric V. Hall for Denver First Amendment Law and L. Martin Nussbaum for Denver Non-Profit/Charities Law.
Following are all Rothgerber Johnson & Lyons LLP attorneys on The Best Lawyers in America® 2014 list:
- Frederick J. Baumann Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy), and Litigation – Securities
- Thomas J. Dougherty II Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
- Charles Goldberg Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, and Litigation – First Amendment
- Tennyson W. Grebenar Banking and Finance Law and Financial Services Regulation Law
- William P. Johnson Litigation – Banking & Finance
- Gregory B. Kanan Commercial Litigation and Litigation – Banking & Finance
- Kevin M. Kelly Banking and Finance Law
- James M. Lyons Arbitration, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Criminal Defense – White Collar, and Mediation
- Franklin D. O'Loughlin Insurance Law
- James R. Walker Litigation & Controversy – Tax, Litigation – Trusts & Estates, Non-Profit/Charities Law, Tax Law, and Trusts and Estates
Colorado Springs Office:
- Eric V. Hall First Amendment Law
- L. Martin Nussbaum Non-Profit/Charities Law
Casper, WY Office:?
- Mark W. Gifford Arbitration, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Commercial Litigation, and Mediation
- Michael J. Sullivan International Arbitration – Commercial, International Arbitration – Governmental, and Mediation
Best Lawyers publishes its annual referral guide in almost 70 countries. Because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be included, a listing in Best Lawyers is widely regarded within the legal profession as a singular honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers. The Best Lawyers in America is compiled by conducting exhaustive peer-review surveys in which 50,000 leading lawyers confidentially evaluate their professional peers in 128 practice areas. If the votes for an attorney are positive enough for inclusion, that attorney must maintain those votes in subsequent polls to remain on the list for each edition.