Marla Hudgens is an associate in the firm’s Regulatory and Government practice group who actively practices in both Arizona and Nevada. Marla primarily represents businesses and business owners in complex civil and commercial litigation and transactional matters. Marla also has extensive experience handling administrative law and regulatory matters and navigating those matters through state and federal courts and regulatory schemes. In addition to trying cases before state and federal courts, she has represented clients in contested administrative matters before various governmental agencies including the departments of taxation, the Department of Water Resources, the Nevada Gaming Commission, the Public Utility Commission and various other state and local boards.
Prior to joining Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, Marla worked as an attorney for the preeminent Nevada law firm of Lionel Sawyer & Collins, and clerked for Justice Hardesty of the Nevada Supreme Court. She is also licensed to practice law in California.
- Bel Air Lighting, Inc. v. WMCV Phase 3, LLC et al. - Obtained a $0 defense verdict in a commercial leasing dispute alleging fraud.
- Park West Companies, Inc. v. Amazon Const. Corp. - Obtained the reversal of summary judgment order involving the sale of landscaping company.
- Marrocco v. Hall - Obtained an emergency writ of mandamus, expunging a lis pendens.
- Nevada Supreme Court - Clerked for Justice James Hardesty
- Nevada Business Magazine - Best Up & Coming - Legal Elite, 2014
- Mountain States Super Lawyers - "Rising Star" - Appellate practice, 2014-2015
- CALI Awards - Civil Procedure and Federal Courts