Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie’s mining attorneys represent a wide variety of domestic and international clients, ranging from junior exploration companies to large producing mining companies, as well as investors in the mining sector. With more than 20 attorneys experienced in mining and mineral rights, we counsel the firm’s clients in all phases of mining operations, including many decades of collective experience in the industry.
As one of the largest law firms in the Southwestern United States and Rocky Mountain region, natural resources and mining law is extremely important to clients in our region – and important to the firm’s attorneys.
We work collaboratively with clients worldwide to understand and solve the unique challenges facing the mining industry, and to deliver cost-effective legal services to our clients. As a full-service law firm, our mining attorneys work closely with colleagues who have experience across the full spectrum of legal disciplines, including areas such as environmental and water law, finance, commercial agreements, bankruptcy and mergers and acquisitions, as well as mediation, arbitration and civil litigation. By offering this complete suite of services under one roof, our firm is uniquely capable of successfully serving the full spectrum of client needs creating efficiencies in time and cost for our clients.
Our attorneys provide the firm’s mining and mineral rights clients a full range of services including:
- Counsel to seller in the sale of a North American gold producer with over one billion dollars in assets.
- Counsel to a complex Russian joint venture regarding the negotiation and documentation of a mining agreement, including associated gold processing, export and sales agreements with the Russian government.
- Counsel to the borrower in multi million dollar multi-lateral financing arrangements.
- Counsel to the purchaser in the acquisition, through a governmental privatization, of a large, producing copper complex owned by the government of Peru.
- Counsel to the purchaser in the acquisition of the assets of a large, domestic, fully integrated copper producer.
- Counsel for a corporate division with five producing mines, including all aspects of mine, smelter and refinery operations.
- Counsel to a multi-party joint venture regarding the negotiation and documentation of an agreement for a greenfield zinc development and construction project in Mexico.
- Counsel to exploration companies on a variety of land and mining claim acquisition issues.
- Render title opinions on unpatented mining claims and severed mineral rights.
- Counsel to clients regarding the performance of project and country risk evaluations, including legal, business and political risk assessments.
- Counsel to prospective purchasers and lenders in providing due diligence on mineral development projects and operating mines.
- Counsel regarding mining and industrial clients in administrative and judicial appeals of air and water quality permitting actions.
- Counsel to mining concern regarding Superfund liability, natural resources damages, NEPA and water rights.