Consumers are the drivers of the of the U.S. economy, accounting for the majority of all economic output. Even during the recent recession, the economy was all about the consumer. Our attorneys understand the needs of the consumer and the varied ways in which new economy retailers meet those needs.
Led by Craig Phillips, a seasoned litigator who represents the world’s largest retailer in litigation matters, and David Plumley, an intellectual property partner with a substantial retail client base, our lawyers help retailers meet the myriad obstacles facing them, whether you provide service through traditional brick-and-mortar retail locations, direct sales via catalogs, or the Internet or mobile devices.
Drawing on our firm-wide expertise, we offer counsel to retail clients in the following areas:
- Advertising counseling, including false and deceptive advertising claims and FTC endorsement and testimonial guideline compliance
- Brand protection including selection, clearance, registration and enforcement of trademarks worldwide
- Compliance with federal and local codes for retail establishments, including ADA compliance
- Product liability and commercial disputes and litigation
- Information technology, cybersecurity, data breach and e-commerce issues
- Real estate transactions such as purchases, sales and leases
- Sale and transportation of goods
- Tax and finance structuring
- Workforce management including labor and employment contracts and negotiations