Shaun P. Lee is a Senior Associate for Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie’s Intellectual Property practice group. Clients turn to Shaun for representation on patent prosecution, trademark prosecution and enforcement as well as Internet law and domain name issues. He draws on his degree in electrical and computer engineering when advising clients on protecting inventions in a variety of technologies, including: batteries, electronic displays, radar, user interfaces, and data mining and machine learning. Shaun also works with start-up companies to identify cost effective ways to develop and protect their intellectual property rights.
Prior to and during attending law school, Shaun was an analyst at Latham & Watkins LLP where he helped patent litigators develop non-infringement and invalidity positions, search for prior art, analyze competitor products for infringement, and present technical concepts in lay terms. Shaun enjoys drawing, computer programming, making music, and skiing.
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie (legacy firm Christie Parker & Hale LLP), Senior Associate, 2009-present
- Latham & Watkins LLP, Analyst, 2005-2006 and 2007-2008
- Prosecuted patents related to display technologies and green energy for a major multinational conglomerate
- Prosecuted patents related to high strength micro-scale structures
- Prosecuted patents on radar antenna structures and methods for processing radar data
- Enforced trademarks against infringers
- Drafted patent non-infringement and invalidity opinions