Anderson Carper is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate practice group. His practice focuses on the acquisition, financing, construction, leasing and disposition of all types of real estate assets and related entity issues (formation of joint ventures, partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies). Andy also emphasizes his practice in complex real estate finance matters. He also has extensive experience in various loan and other types of transaction workouts and restructuring.
Prior to joining Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, Andy was a partner in the Real Estate section of a mid-size Dallas firm and also operated his own law firm.
- Represented private real estate investment company and its related opportunity fund in the acquisition and financing of several apartment project portfolios, including complex finance structures involving CMBS loans, mezzanine loans and preferred equity.
- Represented hedge fund in various real estate investments, both debt and equity.
- Represented a large, national insurance company in development, financing and leasing of industrial and business parks nationwide.
- Represented a large savings and loan association in connection with real estate development, real estate lending, loan workouts, foreclosures, land development, and savings and loan regulatory matters.
- Represented joint venture between REIT and national company to acquire and finance portfolio of 15 retail centers.
- Represented privately-held real estate development companies in the land acquisition for, and development, construction, and leasing of, retail centers.
- Represented a national grocery chain in the land acquisition, development and construction of regional distribution center and grocery store sites.
- Represented savings and loan association in formation of joint ventures and other entities for the development of multi-family projects.
- Represented users of various types of tax-exempt industrial bond financing.
- Represented publicly-traded consumer electronics company in restructuring its Canadian subsidiary.
- Co-Author, “Bankruptcy Provisions in Real Estate Loan Documents,” Advanced Real Estate Law Seminar, 1987