"One of the top gaming lawyers in the US, especially in respect to the representation of manufacturers and suppliers." - Chambers USA
Tony is a partner in the Gaming Practice Group. He helps clients in the areas of gaming law, Internet gambling, sweepstakes and contests. In 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2013, Chambers Global awarded him the coveted “star” rating - the highest honor given to an individual attorney in a specific practice area. Since 2013, Chambers USA also awarded him the “star” rating.
"One of the famous names in global Internet gaming." Sources say he has "written the entire library on gaming law - he's the absolute master."
- Chambers and Partners UK 2011
“One of the doyens of the field, recognized worldwide, is Anthony Cabot. ... Peers tells us that Cabot is ‘widely regarded as the most reputable gaming attorney in the US and has practically written the entire library of the subject’.”
- Chambers Global, Gaming 2008
“Clients value him for possessing ‘that rare combination of sharp legal skills; current regulatory knowledge and practical business intuition; he is someone who provides clarity where there are areas of gray’.”
- Chambers USA, Gaming and Licensing 2007
Tony writes prolifically on the subject of gaming law. Most recently, he co-authored “The Law of Gambling and Regulated Gaming: Cases and Materials, 2nd Edition” a 700+-page tome that is the most comprehensive resource available on gaming law. He has also published a series of educational booklets for his clients and other professionals in the industry. He also co-edited and co-authored “Regulating Land Based Casinos,” 2015, and “Regulating Internet Gambling,” 2014, both published by the Gaming Press at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
Covering the entire gaming spectrum, Tony’s clients include casino owners, game manufacturers, developers, Internet gambling sites, and companies that run contests and sweepstakes. Tony provides legal counseling related to all types of games, encompassing online games, casual games and complex skill-based games.
- Vegas, Inc - Top Lawyer - Gaming, 2012
- The Best Lawyers in America - Woodward/White, Aiken, S.C. - Information Technology and Gaming Law, 2003-2017
- Technical Business Alliance of Nevada - eNevada Award - Catalyst of the Year , 2002
- Nevada Business Magazine - Southern Nevada Top Attorneys - Legal Elite, 2013-2014
- Mountain States Super Lawyers - 2010 "Top 75", 2013 "Top 100" - Gaming, 2007-2015
- Martindale-Hubbell - "AV/Preeminent Attorney" Rating
- Las Vegas Business Press - Top 10 Lawyer in Gaming, 2012
- Chambers USA America’s Leading Business Lawyers - Chambers Partners Legal Publishers - Gaming Regulation and Gaming Licensing, 2015-2016