Mr. Bartel practices complex corporate and business litigation, including breach of contract disputes, real property disputes, construction defect cases, mechanics liens, and collection actions. Mr. Bartel routinely represent lenders, property managers, and other business clients in all facets of litigation with a particular emphasis on banking and real estate disputes.
- Part of trial team that successfully rewrote covenants of home owners association and obtained multi-million dollar attorneys fee aware for client.
- Trial team member in successful 3-day bench trial for breach of contract claim.
- Part of trial team that successfully removed several hundred thousand dollars of invalid mechanic’s liens from bank’s collateral.
- Obtained summary judgment and award of costs in client’s favor in $2.2 million lender liability case.
- Obtained Temporary Restraining Order and Summary Judgment in client’s favor confirming easements and right of ingress and egress.
- Obtained settlement sufficient to cover all construction costs in construction defect case for unsafe plumbing and HVAC units.
- Successfully obtained judgment and collected significant assets on numerous breach of contract, promissory note, and guaranty claims for lending clients.
- Successfully defended numerous lending clients in mechanic’s lien and home owner association lien cases.
- Obtained multiple orders authorizing foreclosure sales in disputed foreclosure hearings.
- Lead attorney in numerous eviction matters restoring real property to lending and property management clients.
- Lead attorney in numerous post-judgment collection proceedings obtaining significant assets for clients from judgment debtors through writs, garnishments, repletion, and other collection strategies.
- Colorado Super Lawyers - "Rising Star", 2015, 2016, 2017