Ms. Villanueva is an associate in the firm's Intellectual Property Practice Group. Her IP practice primarily focuses on trademarks, copyrights, and rights of publicity. Ms. Villanueva assists clients with trademark selection, clearance, registration and prosecution in the United States and abroad. Her services often involve helping clients implement trademark enforcement programs to strengthen and protect their brands from possible infringers. She also negotiates and drafts license agreements and other contracts involving copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity, and other intellectual property.
Ms. Villanueva helps clients with cases involving trademark infringement and dilution, copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition and cybersquatting. She has prosecuting and defending clients in intellectual property litigation before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and federal courts.
- Presenter, “The Year in Review in Copyright Law 2015-2016,” Kraemer Copyright Conference in Colorado Springs, CO, June 6-7th, 2016
- Speaker, "IP issues that small businesses may encounter", NAWBO University, March 2, 2016
- Tom Unterman Scholarship, 2008
- Mexican American Bar Foundation's Scholarship, 2009
- John P. Frank Pro Bono Awards Luncheon - Recognized for commitment - Pro bono service
- Arizona Bar Exam - Highest score, 2010
- Arizona Foundation for Legal Services and Education - Top 50 Pro Bono Attorney, 2014
- Southwest Super Lawyers - Rising Star - IP Litigation, 2016