Justin Cumming's practice concentrates on agricultural law as well as real estate, probate, and tax litigation. He has significant litigation experience in fiduciary disputes, will and trust contests, real estate lawsuits, and corporate and partnership conflicts. He has litigated cases in over 40 counties throughout Colorado.
Justin is a fifth-generation Coloradan who grew up on the family farm and ranch near Julesburg, Colorado.
Justin frequently speaks on probate, real estate and agricultural issues, including probate disputes, premises liability law and easement litigation. In addition to speaking to ranchers, farmers, and other agribusiness owners, Justin has presented programs accredited for attorneys, real estate brokers, and accountants.
- Co-Speaker, “Farm and Ranch Estates – Bareback on Saddle Bronc Riding? How to Last Eight Seconds and Win the Go-Round”, 2015 Regional Meeting of ACTEC (American College of Trust and Estate Counsel)
- Co-Speaker, "Conservation Easements: Lessons Learned and What's Ahead," Colorado Bar Association Real Estate Symposium, July 2011
- Speaker, "Ag-Recreation: Legal Issues and Trends," American Ag Lawyers Association Annual Convention, October 2005
- Speaker, "Representing Producers with Farm Program Disputes in Federal Court," American Ag Lawyers Association Annual Convention, October 2002
- Quoted, "Farmers' Court Again: The Deck is Stacked Against Farmer Appeals of USDA Administrative Rulings," Farm Journal, Vol. 124, No. 3, pp. 24, February 2000
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP (legacy firm Rothgerber Johnson & Lyons LLP), 1989-Present
- United States Senator Phil Gramm, Legislative Correspondent handling agricultural issues
- Author, "Avoiding Road Rash," RJ&L Real Estate, Construction & Land Update, December 2011
- Author, "Joint Bidding Good; Bid Rigging Bad," RJ&L RECL: Energy/Agriculture Report, December 2010
- Author, "Avoiding Fiduciary Fiascos," RJ&L Real Estate, Construction & Land Update: Energy/Agriculture Report, December 2010
- Author, "Sale by Auction," RJ&L Real Estate Construction & Land: Broker Bulletin, June 2010
- Author, "When the Hammer Falls," RJ&L Broker Bulletin, June 2008
- 5280 [The Denver Magazine] - "Top Lawyers 2015" list, 2015