Don Martin is a partner in the firm’s Business section. He practices in the areas of corporate and business law, real estate and commercial transactions, and taxation.
Don's practice includes real estate and transactional deal experience, and he represents local, regional, national and international clients in the real estate development and corporate industries. He works in all areas of real estate (residential and commercial) and corporate transactions including acquisition, financing, note purchases, foreclosures, short sales, development, operation and disposition of commercial projects, retail, resort hotels and strategic land sites.
Prior to joining Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, Don was a partner with Fennemore Craig.
- Represented a major casino and condominium management and resort development company in negotiating a series of management and other agreements with the owner of a $3.5 billion resort in the Bahamas which contains boutique and luxury star branded hotel and residential components.
- Represented Zuffa in securing take-out financing relative to the equity sale of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) organization to Abu Dhabi government - reported as the largest transaction in sports history at $4 billion.
- Represented a major casino company in restructuring $350 million in debt instruments.
- Represented a major Las Vegas casino on the refinance of over $650,000,000 in debt obligations.
- Represented a major Las Vegas gaming company on the refinance of over $200,000,000 in debt obligations.
- Represented a borrower in the restructuring of $22,000,000 of debt on a retail center located on the Las Vegas strip.
- Represented a developer of a luxury multi-phase Las Vegas residential mixed use condominium community.
- Represented a developer of a 29 acre mixed use community which includes high rise time share/hotel, condominiums and retail components.
- Represented a developer for the purchase of approximately 3,500 acres of real property purchased from the United States Department of the Interior Bureau of Land Management.
- Represented an automobile dealer for multiple purchase and sales of multiple automobile dealerships.
- Represented property owners to save over $750,000 in property tax payments.
- Co-Presenter, "LLCs: From Formation to Special Uses," National Business Institute, December 2013
- Presenter, "S Corporations in Detail," National Business Institute's Live Seminar, December 2011
- Presenter, "LLC vs. Corporation: What are the Principal Non-Tax Differences?," National Business Institute's Live Seminar, December 2011
- Presenter, "Ethical Considerations in Foreclosure," National Business Institute's Legal Issues in Real Estate Foreclosure, October 2011
- Presenter, "Foreclosure Avoidance Options," National Business Institute's Legal Issues in Real Estate Foreclosure, October 2011
- Presenter, "Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act," State Capital Group Annual Meeting, 2010
- Presenter, "Association of Corporate Counsel," Value Challenge, 2010
- Presenter, "FTC’s Red Flag Rules," In Business Television Interview, 2009
- Presenter, "LLCs in Nevada," March 2007
- Presenter, "Is an LLC Right For You?," September 2006
- Presenter, "Fundamentals of Real Estate Law" October 2006
- Presenter, "Complex Real Estate Transactions in Nevada," November 2005, and October 2004
- Presenter, "Tax Traps for the Non-tax Practitioner," March 2000
- Author, "Representations and Warranties in Commercial Real Estate Transactions", Communique, May 2016
- Author, “Navigating Closing Contingencies in Commercial Real Estate Transactions”, Nevada Lawyer Magazine, February 2016
- Author, "S Corporations in Detail," National Business Institute, December 2011
- Author, "LLC vs. Corporation: What are the Principal Non-Tax Differences?," National Business Institute, December 2011
- Author, "Nevada Property Tax Appeal Alert," Nevada Business Magazine, 2009, 2010
- Author, "FTC’s Red Flag Rules," Nevada Business Magazine, 2009
- Author, "1031 Exchange Rules in Nevada," Nevada Business Magazine, 2007
- Nevada Business Magazine - "Southern Nevada Best", 2012 "Top 150" - Legal Elite, 2013, 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell - Distinguished™ Rating, 2017