This seminar will:
- Provide an overview of the laws that impose penalties for conducting business with Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) specifically designated nationals (SDN) and persons from blocked nations.
- Survey recent developments that would impose new requirements for business entities and the attorneys acting as business formations agents.
- Review the Financial Action Task Force FATF and ABA gatekeeper recommendations for client due diligence best practices and the ethical implications associated with client due diligence and business formation.
- Discusses the ethics rules that related to these matters.
- Help attorneys avoid potential federal fines while meeting state bar ethics rules.
May 28, 2015
12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
1200 Seventeenth Street
Suite 3000, Moot conference room
Denver, CO 80202
Please RSVP to Shannon Larson if you plan to attend.