Mr. Gordon is a partner in the firm’s Business Practice Section. He practices in the areas of land use law, real estate law, and government relations. Mr. Gordon has represented clients before numerous local governments and state agencies including city councils and planning commissions in Reno, Sparks, Las Vegas and Henderson, County boards and planning commissions in Clark and Washoe counties, the Nevada Ethics Commission, and County and State Boards of Equalization.
He represents developers in a variety of projects including those involving the acquisition, entitlement and development of a Triple-A baseball stadium entertainment district, STAR Bonds, developer agreements, master planned communities, mixed use developments, aggregate mining sites and hotel/casino projects. His education and experience in urban planning adds a considerable depth of understanding to his Real Estate and Land Use practice.
Mr. Gordon also represents clients before the Nevada Legislature on a wide-variety of topics including land use, development, zoning, water rights, common-interest communities, gaming, liquor, vehicle and health care issues.
Prior to joining Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, Mr. Gordon was an associate with Lionel Sawyer and Collins in Reno, Nevada.
- Speaker, "2011 Nevada Legislative Update," American Planning Association - Nevada Chapter, August 2011
- Reno Gazette Journal - The Reno Tahoe Young Professionals Network - "Twenty Under 40" Award , 2011
- Nevada Business Magazine - 2013-2014 Legal Elite, 2012 "Best Up & Coming", "Top 75", 2011 "Top 20 Up & Coming", "Top 25", "Top 35" - "Northern Nevada Best", 2011-2014
- John P. Frank Pro Bono Awards Luncheon - Recognized for commitment - Pro bono service
- Builder's Association of Northern Nevada - "Associate Member of the Year", 2008