Ed Gleason's practice emphasizes civil litigation and arbitration. He has wide experience, and has tried more than fifty cases to verdict or judgment as lead counsel in state and federal courts throughout Colorado, twice winning jury verdicts for business clients in excess of a million dollars.
Ed is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, and a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He is listed in Best Lawyers in America (Commercial Litigation) and in Colorado Super Lawyers (Business Litigation).
Ed has long been active in professional and nonprofit organizations in Colorado Springs. He is a Past President of the El Paso County Bar Association, and has chaired the boards of Pikes Peak United Way, YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region, Catholic Charities of Central Colorado, Care and Share Food Bank for Southern Colorado, the El Paso County Bar Foundation, and the Penrose-St. Francis Health Foundation. He is an avid runner and has completed the Pikes Peak Marathon.
- Prosecution and defense of breach of commercial contract and tortious interference claims
- Representation of insurers and insureds in commercial liability, employment, E&O, health, professional liability, and title insurance disputes
- Representation of banks and borrowers in collection and lender liability actions
- Challenges to and enforcement of non-competition and trade secret covenants
- Representation of franchisees and licensees in business franchise and license disputes
- Defense of employers in employment contract cases
- Representation of commercial landlords and tenants in complex commercial lease disputes
- Representation of local governments in defense of challenges to legality of permit fees
- Representation of professional firms and individuals in partnership dissolution and withdrawal disputes
- Defense of professional liability claims against lawyers and real estate brokers
- Litigation of claims arising from defective design and construction of computer clean room
- Defense of breach of warranty and products liability cases arising from sales of farm equipment
- Challenges to constitutionality of state statutes and local government ordinances
- Representation of plaintiffs and defendants in serious personal injury cases
- The Best Lawyers in America - Woodward/White, Aiken, S.C. - Commercial Litigation, 2015-2017
- Exceptional Service Award - American Bar Association Death Penalty Representation Project
- Colorado Super Lawyers - Business Litigation, 2006-2016