Howard Cole’s practice includes both traditional labor law and employment law and litigation. His practice is limited to exclusive representation of employers in both the private and public sectors, including gaming, health care, public agencies, construction companies, and dozens of other industries.
Traditional Labor Law
In the area of traditional labor law, Howard has extensive experience representing employers in union organizing efforts, developing union-free strategies, defending companies in unfair labor practices before the National Labor Relations Board, negotiating collective bargaining agreements on behalf of private and public sector employers, representing employers during union strikes and picketing, representing employers in arbitration and mediation matters.
Employment Litigation and Counseling
Howard also advises clients throughout the West on day-to-day legal issues affecting the workplace, including employee discipline and terminations, workforce reductions, discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims, confidential proprietary information and trade secrets disputes, substance abuse, ADA, ADEA, OWBPA, Title VII and ADAAP issues, occupational safety and health, wage and hour, wrongful termination, contract administration, strategic planning, benefit matters, employment agreements, personnel policies, workplace privacy, executive employment contracts, overseeing and conducting internal investigations involving employee misconduct, and other human resources issues. He regularly defends employers in state and federal courts and administrative agencies on disputes involving discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, trade secrets/unfair competition and wage and hour law. Howard has also defended clients in class and collective actions involving the FLSA and state wage/hour laws in state and federal court. He has also represented clients in workplace safety disputes before NV-OSHA, Cal OSHA and Fed OSHA and state OSHA review boards.
Howard provides extensive training and consulting with clients. He regularly strategizes with management about ways to prevent expensive and time-consuming litigation. He trains clients’ executives, managers, and supervisors on employment law and human resource issues designed to reduce wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims.
- Vegas, Inc. - Top Lawyer - Employment-Management, 2012
- The Best Lawyers in America - 2016 Labor Law – Management “Lawyer of the Year” in Las Vegas - Labor and Employment Law, Labor Law and Employment Law Management, 2009-2016
- Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel, 2009
- Mountain States Super Lawyers - 2010 "Top 75" - Employment, Labor, 2008-2015
- John P. Frank Pro Bono Awards Luncheon - Recognized for commitment - Pro bono service
- Chambers USA - Leading attorneys in the State of Nevada - Labor & Employment, 2003-2012, 2016
- Benchmark Litigation - "Local Litigation Star" in Nevada, 2016