Mr. Rawicz is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate practice group. His practice focuses on the representation of developers and equity investors in the acquisition and disposition of all types of commercial real estate, the representation of renewable energy developers in the acquisition or leasing of sites for renewable energy facilities, the representation of institutional lenders in commercial loan transactions, and the representation of REITs in sale-leaseback transactions. Additionally, Mr. Rawicz has experience in the acquisition, sale and financing of hotels located throughout the United States and abroad. Mr. Rawicz has also represented lenders and developers in affordable housing projects located in the United States and the U.S. Virgin Islands financed with the syndication of low income housing tax credits issued under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code, tax-exempt bonds and grants and loans issued by state and local governments.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Rawicz was a shareholder with the Miami, Florida office of Stearns Weaver Miller Weissler Alhadeff & Sitterson, P.A. While in law school, Mr. Rawicz was the Managing Editor for The Environmental Lawyer, a joint publication of The George Washington University Law School and the American Bar Association. He was also a legal intern to The Honorable Arthur Burnett, Sr., Superior Court for the District of Columbia, as well as for the United States Department of Justice, Antitrust Division and the United States Securities and Exchange Commission, Enforcement Division.
- Represented joint venture in obtaining financing in the aggregate amount of $224,000,000 from various local institutional lenders and a $515,900,000 loan facility from a Wall Street investment bank for the acquisition, rehabilitation and conversion to condominium of 18 rental apartment complexes located throughout Florida, Arizona and Nevada.
- Represented institutional lender that was lead syndicator in a $186,000,000.00 loan for the acquisition and construction of a luxury high rise condominium building containing one hundred eighty condominium units and a five star hotel.
- Represented institutional lender in making a $48,000,000 loan for the acquisition of a private resort community in Florida and $130,000,000 in loans for the construction of luxury buildings located within the resort.
- Represented developer in connection with approximately $80,000,000 of construction financing for the development of three luxury high-rise condominium buildings in a luxury resort community in Florida.
- Represented institutional lender as Nevada local counsel in a $350,000,000 financing for the renovation of one of the luxury hotel towers in a luxury casino campus on the Las Vegas Strip and the creation of an entertainment district also located on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Represented institutional lender in Arizona in a loan for the construction of a shopping center on land that was subleased by the borrower and a loan for the construction of land development/infrastructure improvements.
- Represented life insurance company in $44,000,000 loan for the construction of an apartment complex in Texas.
- Represented lender in making a revolving loan for the construction of single-family residences in a portion of a gated community and a acquisition and rehabilitation loan for a retail shopping center.
- Represented lender in the modification and assumption of a loan secured by the assuming borrower's inventory and receivables.
- Represented institutional lenders in structuring and finalizing forbearance agreements, in restructuring non-performing loans and in other types of loan modifications and workouts.
- Represented renewable energy developer in all real estate matters relating to the development of a 250 MW solar project on an approximately 2,700 acre site in Arizona, including related rights-of-way for necessary transmission line and obtaining a $1.45 billion loan guarantee from the Department of Energy.
- Represented renewable energy developer in negotiating a ground lease and renewable energy purchase agreement for the development of a large scale solar project on land owned by an Arizona municipality.
- Represented renewable energy developer in acquiring options to purchase and option to lease over 1,100 acres of land in Arizona and California for the development of various solar projects.
- Represented owner and operator of hotels in all aspects of the acquisition and disposition of hotel properties located throughout the United States, including the negotiation of joint venture agreements with equity partners and management agreements for hotel management.
- Represented developer of an 1,100 room beachfront casino resort in southeast Asia in negotiating a management agreement and technical services agreement with an internationally recognized hotel resort brand.
- Represented buyer of hotel casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Low Income Housing Tax Credits
- Represented developer in obtaining the proceeds of $8,200,000 in tax-exempt bonds in connection with the acquisition and development of an affordable housing rental apartment complex in Florida.
- Represented developer in the syndication of approximately $40,500,000 of low income housing tax credits under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code for the development of an affordable housing rental apartment complex in the United States Virgin Islands.
- Represented institutional lender in making loans for the construction of an affordable housing project in Arizona that received an allocation of low income housing tax credits under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code and a Affordable Housing Program subsidy from the Federal Home Loan Bank, including the preparation of a intercreditor agreement.
Commercial Real Estate and Sale-Leaseback Transactions
- Represent national triple-net-sale-leaseback real estate investment trust (REIT) in single site and multiple property portfolio acquisition, disposition, leasing and financing matters throughout the United States.
- Represented developer in all aspects of a two-phase acquisition of approximately forty-six acres of land for the development of a seven-hundred unit rental apartment complex in Florida.
- Represent real estate investment company in the acquisition and disposition of rental apartment complexes located throughout the United States.
- Represented Native American tribe in acquiring land, easements and other rights needed for the development of a casino in Arizona.
- Represented landlord in negotiating lease with The Home Depot.
- Represented restaurant tenant in negotiating lease modification and resolving lease dispute with landlord.
- Note Author, "Options Available to Reduce The Potential to Emit of A Stationary Source Under Section 112 and Title V of the Clean Air Act," Environmental Law, November 1996
- Honored as Fiesta Bowl 2015 Chair of the Year
- South Florida Legal Guide - "Up and Comer", 2004-2006
- Martindale-Hubbell - "AV/Preeminent Attorney" Rating