Greg Kanan practices in commercial, securities, and antitrust litigation and health law and has trial experience in all of these areas. He also regularly litigates a variety of intellectual property disputes. He has represented several major law firms in malpractice and fiduciary duty litigation.
His antitrust representation includes both plaintiff and defense litigation and defense of criminal antitrust charges. His experience includes cases dealing with price fixing, monopolies, attempts to monopolize, unlawful dealer termination and exclusive dealing, and illegal tying arrangements. He has handled antitrust cases or advised regarding antitrust issues in Colorado, Texas, California, South Dakota and elsewhere. In addition, Greg taught antitrust law at the University of Denver College of Law from 2001 to 2006. He regularly advises hospitals, physicians, and healthcare practice associations on antitrust issues, including one of the largest hospital systems in Colorado.
Greg has been listed in Chambers USA Leading Lawyers for Business since 2005 and included in Best Lawyers in America since 2006. Greg has been named one of the top 100 attorneys in Colorado by Colorado Super Lawyers. He also has been elected to the American College of Trial Lawyers, the preeminent trial lawyer organization in America. Membership is limited to no more than one percent of the lawyers in any state. In 2016, he was named Lawyer of the Year in Litigation, Banking & Finance by Best Lawyers in America.
Greg has handled a variety of intellectual property disputes, including recent representation of a business method patent holder in a major infringement suit involving a healthcare industry website where consumers locate and compare physicians. He has litigated a variety of trade secret cases including disputes involving ownership of computer software and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- The Best Lawyers in America - 2016 Litigation - Banking and Finance “Lawyer of the Year” in Denver - Commercial Litigation and Litigation-Banking, Finance, 2006-2017
- Outstanding Sustained Contribution Award - Colorado Lawyers Committee, 2005
- Exceptional Service Award - American Bar Association Death Penalty Representation Project
- Colorado Super Lawyers - 2014, 2015 Top 100 Ranking, 2006-2016
- Chambers USA - Annual Client's Guide to Business Lawyers - Litigation: General Commercial, 2005-2016
- American College of Trial Lawyers - Fellow
- 5280 [The Denver Magazine] - "Top Lawyers 2015" list, 2015