Ms. Mitchell is a partner in the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group. She concentrates her practice on real estate transactions and debt and equity financing transactions. Prior to joining Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie, Ms. Mitchell was Vice President and General Counsel for America West Airlines (now US Airways). In this capacity, Ms. Mitchell was responsible for management and oversight of the company’s legal affairs, compliance programs, risk management and insurance programs, corporate real estate and airport facilities. As a member of the senior management team at America West, she played a key role in the restructuring of the company’s debt obligations, aircraft financing and capital structure after September 11, 2001, in connection with America West’s government guaranteed loan.
Prior to joining America West Airlines, Ms. Mitchell practiced in the real estate and transactional areas at Squire Sanders & Dempsey in Phoenix, and Hopkins & Sutter in Chicago.
- Represented national conduit lender in making over $85,000,000 in mortgage loans secured by commercial retail, industrial, multi-family residential and hotel properties.
- Represented institutional investor in negotiating over $115,000,000 in sale leaseback financing for office and retail properties.
- Represented national REIT in the acquisition, disposition and financing of single tenant properties
- Represented institutional national client in acquiring and disposing of developed and underdeveloped multifamily residential, commercial and retail real estate
- Represented institutional investment client in structuring real estate joint venture transactions and related equity investments
- Represented large single family homebuilder in connection with land acquisition and development matters
- Represented borrowers and lenders in real estate finance transactions and workout/restructure of real estate and commercial loans
- Represented national restaurant company in negotiation of commercial leases and related development issues
- The Best Lawyers in America - Woodward/White, Aiken, S.C. - Real Estate Law, 2009-2017
- AZ Business Magazine - Top Lawyers - Construction, Real Estate Law, 2010