Ms. Parkis is a partner in the firm's Real Estate practice group, practicing in the areas of real estate law, finance and general corporate and partnership work. She practices primarily in the areas of finance, acquisition and disposition of improved and unimproved commercial real property and related entity concerns.
While in law school, Ms. Parkis was both a staff member (1995-1996) and an Articles Editor (1996-1997) for the Southern California Law Review.
- Represented national insurance companies in equity financed joint venture transactions in connection with the formation of limited liability companies, the drafting of operative agreements and the acquisition, development and operation of industrial, multi-family residential, mixed use and retail properties.
- Represented both borrowers and lenders in a variety of real estate finance transactions, including leasehold financing, the financing of construction projects, financing in connection with the acquisition of improved properties, and refinancing existing debt.
- Represented single-family homebuilder in land acquisitions, including drafting and negotiating contracts and joint development agreements, and coordinating and performing due diligence.
- Represented both local and national companies in connection with property acquisitions and dispositions for both improved and unimproved property.
- Represented national retailer in the sale of all local leasehold sites and company-owned business locations in Arizona.
- Represented commercial clients in connection with the disposition of distressed real estate, related workouts and related business concerns.
- Represented lenders in connection with asset backed financing.
- Represented companies in connection with ground and space leases, from both a landlord and tenant perspective.