Mr. Myers is a partner in the Denver office and represents business, government, and individual clients in state and federal court. Alex's practice emphasizes commercial litigation involving business and non-profit entities of all sizes. He has represented clients in a variety of industries, including religious institutions, financial services, legal services, and non-profit organizations.
Mr. Myers' litigation and trial experience cover a broad range of substantive areas, including real estate, employment, contractual disputes, election and campaign finance, professional negligence, and the First Amendment.
In addition to his litigation and trial experience, he has also represented clients in appeals and original proceedings in the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Colorado Supreme Court, and Colorado Court of Appeals.
Mr. Myers joined the firm after serving as a judicial law clerk for Justice Alex J. Martinez of the Colorado Supreme Court.
- Representation of the City and County of Denver in defense of First Amendment challenges to the City’s security and operational plans for the 2008 Democratic National Convention
- Representation of student loan creditor in dischargeability actions in the United States Bankruptcy Courts
- Representation of religious institutions in defense of negligent supervision and other tort claims
- Representation of regional law firm in defense of professional negligence and other tort claims
- Representation of candidates (candidate committees) for state and federal elected office
- Representation of national bank in defense of civil rights and discrimination claims
- Representation of federal prisoner seeking compensation for physical injuries incurred while incarcerated
- Co-Author, "The Colorado Attorneys' Fund for Client Protection," The Colorado Lawyer, 2003
- Community Contribution Award - Colorado Lawyers Committee Luncheon, 2014
- Colorado Super Lawyers - "Rising Star" - Business Litigation, 2012-2016