Mr. Roos has been with the firm for nearly thirty years. He practices in the firm's litigation section with a particular emphasis on commercial and construction disputes, procurement disputes and environmental matters. He has been recognized as a top Arizona attorney by Best Lawyers, Martindale-Hubbell, and Southwest Super Lawyers. Mr. Roos counsels businesses on all facets of commercial, construction and environmental law and regularly represents clients in litigation, arbitration and administrative proceedings. He is a past Chair of the Construction Section of the State Bar of Arizona.
Mr. Roos is experienced in all aspects of building and engineering construction from contract negotiations and procurement, to claims avoidance, counseling and resolution. His experience includes representing contractors and service providers in procurement disputes, and representing owners and contractors in construction disputes of all kinds, including terminations, delay claims (including acceleration, interference and lost productivity claims), license issues, and defective work and negligence claims. Mr. Roos regularly counsels clients on risk management techniques, dispute avoidance and alternative dispute resolution.
Mr. Roos is General Counsel to the Arizona Chapter of the Associated General Contractors. He has spoken to various industry organizations, including the Arizona Builders Alliance, the Construction Section of the State Bar of Arizona, the National Association of Credit Managers and Lorman Education Services.
Mr. Roos completed the American Arbitration Association’s 40-hour Essential Mediation Skills Course in November 2012.
- Lead counsel in the successful defense of a contractor wrongfully terminated by an Arizona municipality during the construction of a new plant at one of the largest wastewater treatment facilities in the United States. Case favorably settled through mediation after client prevailed on two motions for summary judgment while a third motion for summary judgment was pending.
- Represented international airline in the successful negotiation and settlement of a multi-million dollar request for equitable adjustment arising out of a terminal renovation at a major American airport.
- Represented contractor terminated for convenience by a national hotel chain who successfully negotiated payment of a majority of its fee.
- Represented Owners and Contractors in the negotiation and documentation of design and construction contracts.
- Routinely prosecutes and defends contractors and owners against contractor, subcontractor and supplier payment claims including the prosecution and defense of mechanic’s lien and payment and performance bond claims on public and private construction projects.
- Defense of manufacturer in a lawsuit alleging environmental (groundwater contamination). Case favorably settled before trial.
- Represented large general contractor whose projects were taken over by the contractor’s surety. The representation included general advice and extended complex negotiations with project owners and the contractor’s surety.
- Co-Author, "Recent Court Ruling Affects AZ Subcontractors and Suppliers," Recent Court Ruling Requires that Preliminary 20-Day Notices for Bonded Public Projects Must be Served by Registered or Certified Mail, May 19, 2015
- Author, "Maricopa County Tightens Dust Control Vice," Legal Notes, ABA-Arizona Builders' Alliance, March/April 2001
- Author, "Court Update: Lien Invalidated for Failure to Record Timely Lis Pendens," Legal Notes, ABA-Arizona Builders' Alliance, March/April 2001
- The Best Lawyers in America - Woodward/White, Aiken, S.C. - Construction Law and Construction Litigation, 2001-2017
- Sy Clark Young Leadership Award - Jewish Federation of Greater Phoenix, 1994
- Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel, 2009-2010
- Southwest Super Lawyers - Construction Litigation, 2007-2015
- Phi Beta Kappa, Phi Kappa Phi, Blue Key and Order of the Coif
- Martindale-Hubbell - "AV/Preeminent Attorney" Rating
- AZ Business Magazine - Top Lawyers, 2010, 2012
- Arizona's Finest Lawyers, 2011
- Arizona Rock Product Association - Associate Member of the Year, 1999