Mr. Chang is a partner in the firm’s Business Transactions practice group, focusing his practice on real estate debt and equity financing, real estate sales and acquisitions, and loan transactions.
In his real estate practice, Sam regularly represents developers, real estate investment firms and institutional equity investors in all types of commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition, development, leasing, operation and financing of multi-family residential complexes, office buildings, senior housing projects, retail centers, industrial facilities and mixed use projects. Sam has considerable experience representing companies in real estate acquisitions and sales all over the United States.
In his lending practice, Sam represents a variety of banking institutions in complex lending transactions. Sam has extensive experience in helping lending clients with real estate acquisition financings, construction loans, asset-based and other collateralized financings, loan modifications and refinancings, trustee’s sales, loan workouts and deeds in lieu of foreclosures.
- Represented large hospital client with complex real property issues associated with the client’s acquisition of a university related hospital network in Tucson, Arizona
- Represented institutional investor with multi-million dollar senior housing projects
- Represented one of the largest land acquisition companies in North America with its acquisitions and development of numerous projects in Arizona, Texas and Florida
- Assisted client in connection with the conversion of its multi-billion dollar real state fund
- Represented national insurance company in numerous equity financed joint venture transactions in connection with the acquisition, development, operation and financing of multifamily residential complexes, mixed use centers, office buildings and industrial facilities throughout the United States
- Represented institutional investor in connection with over $75,000,000 in 1031 exchange transactions
- Represented the Arizona Super Bowl Host Committee in obtaining the required zoning for signage
- Phoenix Business Journal - “40 Under 40” 2015 Recipient
- Martindale-Hubbell - "AV/Preeminent Attorney" rating
- Super Lawyers Southwest Rising Stars - 2016, 2013, and 2012 editions in the category of Real Estate
- Dean’s Recognition Award - The University of Arizona - James E. Rogers College of Law - Awarded to only two graduating law students each year
- Robert L. Nugent Outstanding Graduating Senior Award - The University of Arizona - Awarded to only two graduating students each year