As a member of Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP’s business transactions and tax practice groups, Amanda Thatcher represents clients in a variety of business and personal planning matters. She draws on her business background to advise corporate clients in a variety of matters, including entity formation, financing, governance, mergers and acquisitions, and succession planning. She also regularly assists clients with executive compensation and employee benefits matters.
In her estate planning practice, Amanda helps her individual clients with their estate and tax planning needs, including identifying which strategies and legal instruments are best-suited to each client’s individual needs and anticipated life situations. Having clerked for the Arizona Court of Appeals and litigated for a number of years, she brings a unique perspective to help her clients plan for the unexpected.
- Co-Author, "State Q&A, Statutes of Limitation: Arizona," PracticalLaw.com, November 2014
- Author, "State v. Rudy B.: Denying Youthful Offenders the Benefit of Apprendi's Bright-Line Rule Before Adult Sentencing," New Mexico Law Review, 2013
- Second Judicial District Pro Bono Committee - Student Liaison
- New Mexico Law Review - Manuscript Editor
- New Mexico Court of Appeals - Extern for Honorable Jonathan B. Sutin
- Honors in Clinical Law Award, 2013
- Corporate and Business Law Excellence Award, 2013