Many of the litigation attorneys at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie are actively involved in the practice of complex litigation. We provide effective and efficient handling of high-stakes, complex litigation and excel in the use of technology for document management in these situations.
Our attorneys have experience in representing clients in large and sophisticated commercial disputes, frequently involving complex business and financial transactions, technology, foreign law, class actions, multiple related lawsuits with numerous plaintiffs and defendants, and multi-district litigation. Many of the firm's litigation attorneys have been named to Colorado Super Lawyers® and listed in Best Lawyers in America®. We also have attorneys involved in complex litigation who have been named to Chambers USA's Annual Clients Guide to Business Lawyers. And as further indication of the strength of the firm's complex litigation practice, we also have attorneys inducted as Fellows of the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers. This honor is bestowed on no more than one percent of the total lawyer population of any state or province.
In providing sophisticated and vigorous complex litigation representation, our attorneys work closely with clients to develop a thorough strategy to coordinate parties, multiple suits, and issues with the goal of achieving a favorable resolution as expeditiously and economically as possible.
Our experience in handling complex litigation includes:
- Representation of present and former outside directors of a large publicly-traded telecommunications company in connection with a wide variety of ongoing civil and criminal proceedings. This litigation included securities class action and other litigation and governmental investigations.
- The firm represented numerous homeowners across the United States in litigation concerning defective hoses used in home heating systems. The firm acted as class counsel in actions filed in California, Wyoming, Wisconsin, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. These cases resulted in multi-million dollar settlements on behalf of the firm's class clients.
- Our attorneys successfully litigated a breach of contract action on behalf of an international consulting firm arising from the award by the State of Colorado of a $40 million contract to redesign the State's Unemployment Insurance software. This complex intellectual property case was ultimately settled very favorably for the firm's client.
- Our litigation attorneys were actively involved in litigation pending in federal court in Los Angeles, California, concerning allegations of conspiracy to commit fraud by several large French corporations in connection with the 1991 insolvency of Executive Life Insurance Company. Damages in the amount of approximately $260 million were awarded. Over $700 million was recovered from settling defendants.
- Our firm represented more than 1,000 Peruvian citizens poisoned by mercury from mining operations at the Yanacocha Mine in Northern Peru. Our appellate attorneys were able to obtain a reversal of the trial court's order of dismissal that favored the mining company. As a result, these Peruvian citizens will now receive a trial in Colorado on their claims.
- Our litigation attorneys regularly are involved in intellectual property, securities, antitrust and other complex commercial and business litigation.