Dustin R. Szakalski is an Associate in Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie’s Intellectual Property practice group. Dustin has technical expertise in the fields of aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, medical devices, automotive technologies, oil and gas technologies, micro polymer structure fabrication methodologies, and thermo mechanical structures. His practice has an aerospace focus, and he specializes in trademarks, branding, patent prosecution, and DMCA notice and takedown procedures.
Before attending law school, Dustin worked as an engineer for Northrop Grumman, designing structural airframe parts for the F-35 Lightning II fighter. Later, Dustin worked as a flight test engineer for Goodrich Aerostructures, instrumenting engines for the Boeing 787.
Dustin’s experience as a flight engineer and structural design engineer in commercial and military aviation greatly benefits clients. As a former aerospace engineer, he provides solid background for working with clients in the Unmanned Aerial Systems industry.
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP (legacy firm Christie Parker & Hale LLP), Associate, 2011-present
- Christie Parker & Hale LLP, Summer Associate, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, Hon. Dean D. Pregerson, Judicial Extern, 2009
- Goodrich Aerostructures, Flight Test Engineer, 2006-2008
- Northrop Grumman, Aerospace Engineer, 2004-2008
- Drafted and prosecuted patent applications relating to drill bits and other oil rig technologies for a multi-national oil and gas company
- Prosecuted patent applications relating to ophthalmic lenses and implantable lenses for an optical company
- Drafted patent applications directed to dirigibles for a global aerospace corporation
- Prosecuted patent applications for surgical devices for an international medical device company
- Drafted and prosecuted patent applications on ballistic technologies for an aerospace company
- Drafted and prosecuted patent applications related to micro polymer structures and fabrication methods