The rapid expansion of digital technology is changing the structure of the entertainment industry. As we move to a more direct-to-consumer world, successful entertainment entities are creating new business models that focus on content, digital distribution, fan management and mobile advertising.
Our experience and long-standing relationships in the sports, entertainment and media industries means we understand your industry and the technology behind it. We offer a full complement of legal services and resources for entertainment industry clients:
- Advising clients involved in the delivery of content via emerging digital media technologies, such as digital music and motion picture retailers, content aggregators and webcasters
- Negotiating and drafting entertainment industry agreements of every variety
- Counseling clients on structuring joint ventures, collaborations and co-productions, child talent contracts, and union and guild agreement compliance
- Conducting rights clearances and acquisitions, and related due diligence, for entertainment properties
- Assisting with forming and structuring business entities, securing financing and investors, tax and estate planning, protecting and managing intellectual property assets, and litigating disputes
Film, television and live stage production companies, broadcast stations, entertainment venues, record labels, music publishers, book publishers, authors, actors, dancers, choreographers and musicians can rely on us to help them navigate this changing market.