John Michael Guevara is an associate in Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie’s Litigation practice group. He is interested in various forms of complex and civil litigation.
Prior to law school, John Michael worked as a research assistant for Dr. Bruce Buchanan at the University of Texas at Austin. There, he edited, conducted research and interviewed over 800 people about how they judge U.S. presidents for Dr. Buchanan’s latest publications, including the 2012 book on constitutional war powers entitled, Presidential Power and Accountability.
Passionate about constitutional law and civil rights, John Michael is committed to improving his community in these areas with his pro bono legal work and public service.
- Rothgerber Moot Court Competition - Champion, 2015
- University of Colorado Law Review - Casenote and Comment Editor, 2013-2015
- Colorado Appellate Advocacy Competition - Best Brief, 2014
- Rothgerber Teaching Fellow - Torts, 2013
- Colorado Supreme Court - Judicial Intern with Justice Monica M. Márquez, 2013