Justin O. Ehresmann, Ph.D., is a Senior Associate in Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie’s Intellectual Property practice group. Clients turn to Justin for his knowledge of OLEDs (organic light-emitting diodes), solar cells, fuel cells, microstructures, polymers, pharmaceuticals, and catalysts. Of particular interest to Justin are chemical production and new catalyst development.
Justin has extensive research experience relating to heterogeneous catalysis, inorganic chemistry, solid state nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, computational chemistry, microporous materials, and zeolites.
Justin received his Ph.D. in Chemistry and his undergraduate degree in Environmental Studies from the University of Southern California, enabling him to offer a unique skill set to biotech and chemical firms in need of legal counsel. He is the coauthor of numerous technical publications, and serves as an adjunct faculty member of the Environmental Studies Program at the University of Southern California.
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie (legacy firm Christie Parker & Hale LLP), 2009-present
- Jones Day, Summer Associate, 2008
- Christie Parker Hale LLP, Summer Associate, 2007
- Justin teaches environmental science at the University of Southern California (USC)
- Justin’s interests include mountain biking, surfing, paddle boarding, and restoring classic cars
- Co-Author, "A Site-Isolated Rhodium-Diethylene Complex Supported On Highly Dealuminated Y Zeolite: Synthesis and Characterization," Journal of Physical Chemistry B 2005, 109, 24236-24243.,
- Co-Author, "Adsorbate Clustering, Proton Transfer, and Electric Field Gradients in Zeolites," Abstracts of Papers of the American Chemical Society 2005, 229, 743,
- Co-Author, "Rhodium Complex With Ethylene Ligands Supported On Highly Dehydroxylated MgO: Synthesis, Characterization, and Reactivity," Langmuir 2006, 22, 490 –496.,
- Co-Author, "An Oft-Studied Reaction That Never Was: Direct Catalytic Conversion of Methanol or Dimethyl Ether to Hydrocarbons On the Solid Acids HZSM-5 or HSAPO-34," Journal of the American Chemical Society 2002, 124, 3844-384.,
- Co-Author, "Mechanistically Significant Details of the H/D Exchange Reactions of Propene Over Acidic Zeolite Catalysts," Angewandte Chemie International Edition, 2006, 45, 1933-1935,
- Co-Author, "Structural and Mechanistic Investigation of a Phosphate-Modified HZSM-5 Catalyst for Methanol Conversion," Langmuir 2006, 22, 4846-4852.,
- Co-Author, "Functionalization of Zeolite ZSM-5 By Hydrosilylation and Acetone Coupling: Synthesis, MAS NMR, and Theory," Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 2006, 110, 14598-14603.,
- Co-Author, "Molecular Heterogeneous Catalysis: A Single-Site Zeolite-Supported Rhodium Complex for Acetylene Cyclotrimerization," Chemistry - A European Journal, 2007, 13, 7267-7559.,
- Co-Author, "Theoretical and Experimental Investigation of the Effect of Proton Transfer On the 27Al MAS NMR Line Shapes of Zeolite-Adsorbate Complexes: An Independent Measure of Solid Acid Strength," Journal of the American Chemical Society 2002, 124, 8386-8391.,
- Co-Author, "Evidence from NMR and EXAFS Studies of a Dynamically Uniform Mononuclear Single-Site Zeolite-Supported Rhodium Catalyst," Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2006, 45, 574-576.,
- "Adsorbate Clustering and Proton Transfer in Zeolites: NMR Spectroscopy and Theory," ChemPhysChem, 2006, 7, 114-116.,
- Co-Author, "Experimental Evidence From H/D Exchange Studies For the Failure of Direct C-C Coupling Mechanisms in the Methanol-to-Olefin Process Catalyzed by HSAPO-34," Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2006, 45, 3133-3136.,