Ken Downey is an Associate in Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie’s Business Transactions practice group. Clients turn to Ken for representation pertaining to mergers and acquisitions and real estate transactions.
Ken has experience in business transactions including corporate formation, stock subscriptions, stock purchase agreements, LLC operating agreements, and applying for 501(c)(3) tax exempt status. He also has experience in Intellectual Property due diligence.
- Researched exemptions to Foreign Direct Investment reporting requirements in connection with multi-million dollar energy company acquisition
- Drafted stock subscriptions, stock purchase agreements, and corporate authorizations in eight founder private stock issuance
- Drafted LLC operating agreement with copyright control provisions in the event of default
- Drafted for-profit corporate formation documents in preparation of private stock issuance
- Drafted non-profit corporate formation documents in preparation of 1023-EZ application for federal tax exempt status
- Author, "Self-Executing Assignment of Rents Clauses," The Transactional Lawyer, December 2014
- Author, "The Marginal Usefulness of an Express Representation of Corporate Authority," The Transactional Lawyer, February 2014
- Author, "The Enforceability of an Assignment of Bankruptcy Voting Rights," The Transactional Lawyer, October 2013
- Gonzaga School of Law - Law Review, Associate Editor, 2015
- CALI Excellence Awards - Secured Transactions, Bankruptcy, Professional Responsibility, Civil Procedure
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Medal of Excellence, 2015