Ken Downey is an Associate in Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie’s Business Transactions practice group. Clients turn to Ken for representation pertaining to mergers and acquisitions and real estate transactions.
Ken assists with business formation, the purchase and sale of businesses, and equity financings. Ken also assists with the acquisition and disposition of real estate projects, including drafting purchase and sale agreements and conducting due diligence. He also has experience in Intellectual Property due diligence.
- Assisted multi-state climate equipment supplier in the acquisition of five businesses in Arizona.
- Assisted national land developer in the sale of several real estate holdings in Arizona.
- Conducted title and zoning due diligence for several multi-family housing real estate acquisitions.
- Assisted several companies conducting a private offering to raise capital for the development of real estate acquisitions and business formation.
- Assisted Arizona-based real estate investment group in the acquisition and disposition of several commercial, industrial and apartment projects located in Arizona.
- Author, "Self-Executing Assignment of Rents Clauses," The Transactional Lawyer, December 2014
- Author, "The Marginal Usefulness of an Express Representation of Corporate Authority," The Transactional Lawyer, February 2014
- Author, "The Enforceability of an Assignment of Bankruptcy Voting Rights," The Transactional Lawyer, October 2013
- Gonzaga School of Law - Law Review, Associate Editor, 2015
- CALI Excellence Awards - Secured Transactions, Bankruptcy, Professional Responsibility, Civil Procedure
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Medal of Excellence, 2015