When mining companies undertake a transaction, whether purchasing or selling an entity or asset, success depends on consideration of every detail. Time and again, clients trust Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie to assist with due diligence, negotiation, documentation and closing details required for a successful transaction. For decades we have successfully represented buyers, sellers and investors in multimillion dollar deals involving mines and processing facilities.
Our mining lawyers’ extensive domestic and international experience in mine transactions includes:
- Mineral exploration and option agreements
- Mining leases
- Mining purchase and sale agreements
- Royalty agreements and deeds
- Mineral exploration joint ventures
- Development and operating agreements
- Counsel to the seller of a North American gold producer with assets over one billion dollars.
- Counsel to a complex Russian joint venture in the negotiation and documentation of a mining agreement, including associated gold processing, export and sales agreements with the Russian government.
- Counsel to the borrower in multimillion dollar, multilateral financing arrangements.
- Counsel to the purchaser in the acquisition of the assets of a large, domestic, fully integrated copper producer.
- Counsel to a multi-party joint venture in the negotiation and documentation of an agreement for a greenfield zinc development and construction project in Mexico.
- Counsel to a private equity fund in the decision to invest in a Nevada gold mine.
- Counsel to a Mexican cement corporation in the acquisition of a coal mine and hard rock mine in Colorado, and hard rock mines in New Mexico and South Dakota.