Peter C. Hsueh is a Partner is Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie’s Intellectual Property practice group. Clients value Peter’s broad experience in preparing and prosecuting high technology patent and trademark applications, primarily in chemical, materials and electrical arts. Peter is also member of the firm’s Inter Partes Review (IPR) team—a trial proceeding conducted at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board to review patentability of one or more claims of a patent.
He has particular technical expertise in the fields of energy and power systems including batteries, battery management systems, automobile power systems, and fuel cells, display devices, OLEDs, LCDs, analog and digital electronics, semiconductor devices, and telecommunications. Peter also has experience in lithium battery technologies including electrical, structure and materials of the lithium battery technologies.
Peter has also participated in a number of patent and trade secret litigations involving complex technologies. He was formerly a Judicial Extern to the Honorable Judge Robert Takasugi, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie (legacy firm Christie Parker & Hale LLP), Partner, 2000-present
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, Hon. Judge Robert Takasugi, Judicial Extern, 1999
- Assisted in developing dominant patent portfolios in the material science and energy field for a major multinational corporation.
- Obtained patent portfolios in the display field for a major multinational corporation.
- Obtained patents in the defense and security fields for major U.S. research laboratories and aerospace companies.
- Successfully defended a major Taiwanese company in a patent infringement dispute involving computer drive accessories.
- Counseled a medium-sized corporation in the establishment of an internal intellectual property policy, including procedures for identifying patentable inventions.
- Conducted due diligence for a biometrics solutions company, in its formation, spin-off.
- Successfully built, defended, and policed important trademark portfolios.