Roman Borisov is an Associate in Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie’s Government Relations practice group. Clients turn to Roman for representation regarding regulatory and government relations, focusing on energy and utility matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Roman served as an Administrative Attorney in the Office of General Counsel for the Public Utilities Commission of Nevada, where his responsibilities included providing advice and counsel to assigned commissioners; interpreting relevant laws, regulations, policies and procedures as they apply to utility issues; collaborating with assigned commissioners in drafting opinions, notices, orders and regulations; making recommendations to the commissioners based on facts and conclusions of the law; and representing the Commission on appeal.
Roman also served as Law Clerk to the Hon. Mark R. Denton in the Eighth Judicial District Court, Law Clerk in the Office of General Counsel at the Hard Rock Hotel& Casino, and interned as a Redevelopment Specialist in the City of North Las Vegas Economic Development Department. During law school, he was Articles Editor for the UNLV Gaming Law Journal, and CALI Award recipient in Lawyering Process I and Immigration Clinic.
- Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP, Associate, 2016-present
- Public Utilities Commission of Nevada, Administrative Attorney, 2013-2015
- Eighth Judicial District Court, Law Clerk, Hon. Mark R. Denton, 2012-2013
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, Law Clerk, Office of General Counsel, 2011-2012
- Author, "Nevada’s Quiet Solar Revolution," Energy & Natural Resources Blog, February 2017
- Author, "Nevadans Overwhelmingly Give First-Round Approval to Deregulating the State’s Power Production," Energy & Natural Resources Blog, November 2016
- Author, "An Investment in 100 MW of Large-Scale Solar Would Save Nevada Ratepayers $38 Million over a Comparable Investment in Rooftop Solar," Energy & Natural Resources Blog, July 2016
- Author, "Northern Nevada’s Electric Utility’s Proposed Rates Maintain the Economics of Rooftop Solar and Shift to Higher Residential Fixed Monthly Charges," Energy & Natural Resources Blog, June 2016
- CALI Awards - University of Nevada-Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law - CALI Award Recipient in Lawyering Process I and Immigration Clinic
- UNLV Gaming Journal - Articles, Editor - University of Nevada-Las Vegas, William S. Boyd School of Law
- Beta Gamma Sigma International Business Programs Honor Society - University of Nevada-Las Vegas