Our firm has worked with individuals, organizations and companies throughout the country and throughout the world to develop and protect rights in intellectual property and technology here and abroad. We offer clients a full range of technology representation. We successfully and cost effectively guide our clients through the complex issues encountered in this area, enabling them to obtain and keep a competitive advantage.
The firm's intellectual property and technology attorneys provide a broad range of services and experience to our clients in technology including:
- Negotiating and drafting a full range of computer technology agreements, including custom software development deals, licensing, acquisition and sale agreements, and outsourcing agreements.
- Negotiating and drafting employment-related agreements, including full employment agreements, work-for-hires, non-disclosure and assignment of rights agreements, non-competition agreements, and outside consultant agreements.
- Representation of technology companies in financing transactions and all other corporate legal needs.
- Multi-media clearance of online content.
- Negotiating and drafting web hosting, subscription, application service provider and other on-line agreements.
- Drafting of online privacy and other policies.
- Securing copyright in computer software.
- Litigation of technology contract disputes.
Cybersecurity and Cyberliability
- Conducting computer information systems audits and assessments of threats and vulnerability to unauthorized access (hacking), viruses, data loss or theft.
- Counseling clients in cost effective approaches to protecting their systems from cybersecurity and cyberliability risks.
- Counseling clients in compliance of information systems with state and federal laws and regulations (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, HIPAA, etc.)
- Litigation of cybersecurity and cyberliability claims.
"Why Your “Mundane” Online Promotion May Have Not so Mundane Gambling Consequences (Part II)," Intellectual Property Blog, January 2017
"Why Your “Mundane” Online Promotion May Have Not so Mundane Gambling Consequences," Intellectual Property Blog, January 2017
"Can an online retailer use brand name searches for products it doesn’t carry?," Intellectual Property Blog, April 2016
"Criminal or Civil Liability for Sharing Streaming Accounts?," Intellectual Property Blog, January 2016