Identifying, securing and protecting intellectual property rights such as trademarks, service marks, trade secrets and publicity rights -- is essential to the well-being of most companies in all industries and sectors. Intellectual properties are valuable assets that add to the health of balance sheets, provide a competitive edge and open new avenues for growth and revenue.
The trademark attorneys at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie have worked with individuals, organizations and companies throughout the country and throughout the world to develop and protect rights in intellectual property here and abroad. Our team offers clients a full range of trademark representation. We successfully and cost effectively guide our clients through the complex issues encountered in this area, enabling them to obtain and keep a competitive advantage.
Our intellectual property and technology practice group provides significant depth of experience in trademark law, including:
Trademarks, Service Marks and Advertising
- Selection, clearance, registration and protection of trademarks and service marks both in the United States and in International jurisdictions.
- Negotiation and drafting of trademark and service mark application, acquisition, clearances and licensing agreements.
- Commercial transactions involving trademarks and service marks, including obtaining security interests in these properties or placing levy on such secured interests.
- Litigation of trademark, service mark and trade dress infringement and anti-counterfeiting actions in state and federal courts and proceedings before the USPTO Trademark Trial and Appeal board.
- Domain name disputes under ICANN's uniform dispute resolution/uniform rapid suspension policies.
- Recording of registered marks in the ICANN Trademark Clearinghouse to secure Sunrise eligibility.
- Counseling and litigation regarding advertising and marketing practices.