Identifying, securing and protecting trademark and trade dress rights is essential to the well-being of most companies across industries. Intellectual property rights are valuable assets that add to the health of a balance sheet and provide an edge in an increasingly competitive market. Developing and maintaining goodwill in intellectual property assets can open new avenues for growth and revenue.
The trademark attorneys at Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie have worked with individuals and companies of all sizes around the world to develop and protect rights in intellectual property in the U.S. and abroad. We offer clients a full range of trademark representation and successfully and cost effectively guide our clients through the complex issues encountered in this area, enabling them to obtain and keep a competitive advantage.
Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie's intellectual property lawyers manage numerous trademark filings and registrations in 150 countries. Our attorneys provide significant depth of experience in trademark law, including:
- Advising clients in all aspects of brand protection
- Selecting, clearing, registering and protecting trademarks in the United States and internationally
- Negotiating and drafting trademark and brand agreements, including license, coexistence, co-branding, consent and other agreements
- Conducting due diligence and drafting and negotiating intellectual property provision for commercial transactions involving trademarks and other intellectual property assets
- Litigating trademark and trade dress infringement and anti-counterfeiting claims in state and federal courts
- Representing clients in inter partes and ex parte opposition, cancellation and appeal proceedings before the USPTO Trademark Trial and Appeal board
- Representing clients in domain name disputes, including under ICANN's Uniform Dispute Resolution/Uniform Rapid Suspension policies
- Counseling clients on Internet domain name and website issues, including gTLD expansion and recording registered marks in ICANN’s Trademark Clearinghouse to secure Sunrise eligibility and protect against third-party registration of infringing domain names
- Advising clients on the legalities related to advertising and marketing practices